Unable to Automatically Create Subnet with IP Address Rule's Associated Use Group/Code.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 26-Sep-2017***
IP Address Rule is unable to create the subnet automatically with associated Use group and Use code as specified in “Auto Assign Criteria”. If the specified IP Address mentioned to assign automatically is not exist, the same IP should be created automatically as specified in “Auto Create Criteria” section and should assign with IP Address product automatically, but it is not happening.
If the Use group/Use code is associated with the IP Rule, the IP Address is NOT getting created automatically if not exists. Whereas if the Use group/Use code is NOT associated with the IP Rule, then the IP Address is getting created and assigning automatically.
Crated two IP Address rules:
• Test IP Rule for use groups
• Test IP Rule without Use group.
• Test IP Rule for use groups: This rule is associated with use group and use code
• Test IP Rule without Use groups: This rule is not associated with any use group/code
• Created the basenet with one subnet and use group/use code associated with subnet
• PSR order created with three “IP Address” Line items to explain the issue.
• In the above screen shot, the first two “IP address” Line items are to associate the IP address using the IP Address Rule “Test IP Rule for use groups” and the third “IP Address-2” is to check whether the IP will be created automatically without use group/use code associated using “Test IP Rule without use groups”.
• Click on “Auto Assign” to assign the IP Address automatically using IP Rules
• As in the above screen shot, the first Line item is associated with “Test IP Rule for use groups” and it is assigned the IP automatically as it is available under specified basenet. IP Address rule “Test IP Rule for use groups” is failed to create the subnet IP under existing basenet. Whereas the Third IP Address line item is associated with other IP Rule “Test IP Rule without use groups”, and it is able to create the subnet under basenet automatically and associated with line item.
Auto creation of IP address using IP Rule with Use group/use code is not working correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms