"java.lang.NullPointerException" Occurs While Returning a Transaction With Chip and No Start Date
(Doc ID 2198432.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point-of-Service (ORPOS), the system prompts the error “An unknown exception occurred” during return transaction when the original transaction was completed with EMV chip card that has no start date.
On the store server orpos.log, the following error is noted:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start a sale transaction by scanning some items.
2. Use Credit tender option for payment.
3. Use EMV Chip card for payment (Make sure the payment authorizer is not sending the Start Date in response).
4. Complete the transaction.
5. Try to return the above transaction.
6. Notice that ORPOS prompts "An unknown exception occurred".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document