"Save" and "Check in" Commands Not Working After A "Save As"
(Doc ID 2199970.1)
Last updated on APRIL 05, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.3.0 to 3.5.0 [Release 3.3.0 to 3.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Solid Edge MCAD 3.5, after a "Save As" is performed, the buttons "Save", and "Check in" do not behave properly.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open ..\xml\XPlmSolidEdgeA9Connector.xml in a text editor, change the option settings as given here:
SolidEdge_RenameOnInitialSave = true
SolidEdge_RenameOnSave = true
SolidEdge_RenamingRule = %NUMBER%
Save the changes made to the file.
2. Open the Preferences dialog, log into Agile if prompted.
3. In the Preferences dialog, select:
"Check Out During Save" = "Force User Check Out".
Save the changes made to the Preferences dialog.
4. Create a new part file, create a drawing of the part file and save both CAD objects to Agile with activated check in/Incorporate save option. Note the Design number assigned to the drawing's Design object (e. g. DESIGN15673.DFT).
5. Open the Save Preview: Select only the drawing, press the Save As button.
6. Close the Save As-popup with "No". Note the new Design number assigned to the drawing's Design object (e. g. DESIGN15673_001.DFT).
7. Press Continue. Wait for the save process to finish.
8. Press the "Save" button from the main Agile ribbon. An error message displaying "You do not have the required privileges..." appears. This is expected and not an error.
9. In the error message, check the Design number of the drawing file (CAD File and Design Number columns).
10. The Design number of the previously saved drawing (in this case DESIGN15673.DFT) file is displayed instead of the Design number of the currently open drawing (DESIGN15673_001.DFT). This is incorrect. When continuing with the save process, the MCAD connector would actually save to the Design object given in the error dialog (DESIGN15673.DFT) instead of the Design object from which the save process has been initialized.
Expected Result: Properly save to the Design object from which the save process was initiated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document