PRICE_HIST Table Has Incorrect Rows When Price Change Was Made in the Middle of Promotion
Last updated on MAY 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a price change is created on a promotional item, PriceEventExecutionRMSBatch is not generating a record in PRICE_HIST table with tran_type 9 on the effective date of the price change.
Sample Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a new promotion at item/location level effective on vdate.
2. Approve the above promotion and notice the following:
- Respective records created in RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL table.
- A record was created in PRICE_HIST table with tran_type 9 for $50 with action date 02-Jul-2016.
- ITEM_LOC table was updated with promotional price.
3. Create a price change on same item/location effective on (vdate + 1).
4. Approve the price change, which creates respective records in RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL table.
5. Run PriceEventExecutionBatch which creates a record in RPM_EVENT_ITEMLOC table.
6. Run PriceEventExecutionRMSBatch which creates/updates the following:
- A record was created in PRICE_HIST table with tran_type 4 for $56 with action date 03-Jul-2016.
- ITEM_LOC table was updated with both regular and promotional price.
- But, no record was created in PRICE_HIST table with tran_type 9 on effective date of price change. This is the issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms