Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 15.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM), the Auto Receive Store functionality does not work per configuration setup.
When a store is identified as an auto receive store, SIM should automatically update the Stock on Hand (SOH) for the transferred item. However, the transferred quantity remains IN TRANSIT in SIM table STORE_ITEM_STOCK after a transfer is dispatched from the source store.
There is no workaround. Manual receiving marks the transfer as received, but there are no further changes:
- source store: SIM STORE_ITEM_STOCK.QUANTITY_TOTAL and RMS ITEM_LOC_SOH.STOCK_ON_HAND: decremented by transferred qty
- receiving store: transferred quantity remains in IN TRANSIT: SIM QUANTITY_TOTAL and RMS ITEM_LOC_SOH.STOCK_ON_HAND is not incremented
Steps to Recreate:
Pre-requisite: SIM Store administration Setting:
Store Admin:Transfer Receiving -> Store Auto Receive - Date Driven
Store Auto Receive Number of Days - 0
- Select two stores in SIM. One is a receiving store (in the example, store 168). The other is sending store (store 100). Set up Auto Receive for both store 168 and store 100.
- Change Store to each store, and go to Admin > Setup > Sim Stores > Auto Receive Stores.
- Add the other store as a 'Selected Auto Receive Store'.
- Create Transfer from store 100:
Change Store to store 100.
Go to Main Menu -> Shipping/Receiving -> Transfers.
Create a Store to Store transfer for an item, to store 168.
- Transfer Shipment from store 100:
Go to Main Menu -> Shipping/Receiving -> Transfer Shipment.
Click Create: select Destination Type Store, Destination 168, then Apply.
Click Document to select the Transfer approved before, then click Items & Quantity.
Click Info: to enter Container ID, then click Apply.
Click Confirm: Shipment becomes Complete.
Click Dispatched: Shipment becomes Shipped.
- Query STORE_ITEM_STOCK with the item id and both store_id. Observe Stock on Hand remains in transit.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms