Using Agile PPM Web Client While Trying to Edit Content Rule in Content Tab Using Edit Rule Button or Content's Quick View System Returns java.lang.NullPointerException
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Portfolio Management - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168 version, Web client (PPM)
System returns java.lang.NullPointerException while trying to edit Content Rule in Content tab using Edit Rule button OR content's Quick View.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login into web client as admin.
- Create a project P1 with sub tasks and gates.
- Add contents to sub tasks and gates.
- Login to web client as a user USER1 who is not the owner of project P1 and its sub tasks or gates.
- Try to edit Content Rule in Content tab using Edit Rule button OR content's Quick View.
USER1 who is not the owner of project P1 is able to edit its Content Rule even without Read Privilege on 'Content.Related To' attribute, encounter the error which displays a blank page with a Close button on it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms