RefinementMenu Cartridge Ignores Default Sort Settings From Dval Ranks
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Guided Search / Oracle Commerce Experience Manager - Version 11.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 11.2 version, Business User Issues (Experience Manager or Workbench)
After Endeca 11.2 upgrade, RefinementMenu cartridge ignoring default sort settings from dval ranks
1. Since upgrading to 11.2, the dimension values are not being returned in the correct order in the left hand nav, which is defined in Experience Manager using RefinementMenu cartridges.
Setting Sorting Options to Dimension Default in the editor makes no difference - the dimension values are returned as dynamically ranked, the value with the most results being at the top.
2. Setting sorting to Alphabetical (dynamic ranking) returns the values in alphabetical order as designed, and setting it to Frequency (dynamic ranking) returns the correct result.
But setting it to Dimension Default does not restore the order defined in Developer Studio - the returned values are still in frequency order.
After upgrading to Endeca 11.2, the dimension ranges should be sorted as in the previous version.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Upgrade from a previous version to Endeca 11.2
2. Check the dimension ranges of the old application, which was migrated to 11.2
3. Set Sort Options to Dimension Default
4. Check that there is no impact on the dimension sort
The issue has the following business impact:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms