Deal Is Saved as Approved Even If There Were Locking Errors When Saving the Deal
Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When pressing the "Save" button after approving a deal that has item/location records locked in the FUTURE COST table by another session, the following error is shown on the screen:
Upon pressing the "Close" button to abort saving the deal, the user is prompted with the message: "Do you want to save the changes that you have made?".
Even if the option "No" is selected, the changes made to the deal are committed to the database.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a deal. (Ordering > Deals Management)
2. Add the necessary details to the deal (deal components, item/locations, etc.)
3. Update a column of the FUTURE_COST records of the item/locations added in Step 2 via backend. DO NOT COMMIT. This will lock the FUTURE_COST records to a different session.
4. Going back to RMS, "Submit" the deal.
5. "Approve" deal.
6. Click "Save". An error will be encountered saying "This record on table FUTURE_COST with key values cost change event id: , %s3 was locked by another user. Unable to update record at this time". Click OK.
7. Click "Close" to exit the Deal Maintenance window.
8. The screen will show a message saying "Do you want to save the changes that you have made?"
9. Choose "No". The Deal Maintenance screen should close.
10. Reopen the deal in RMS UI.
11. The deal's status was saved as "Approved" even if saving the deal (Step 6) was unsuccessful.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms