Problem Line Stock Count Allowing Users to Scan Items With Positive Inventory During the Count
(Doc ID 2208616.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that when using the Handheld (HH), users can add new items to a problem line stock count. The same is not allowed from SIM PC UI.
Steps to Recreate:
- Create a problem line stock count for all departments with variance as zero
- Uncheck everything except "Negative inventory"
- Schedule and extract the stock count
- Using HH access the stock count and start counting
- Query SIM database table STORE_ITEM_STOCK_NONSELL and scan an item that is not included in the stock count
- Note that the item is added to the stock count without any issues - The snapshot count quantity of the item is set to zero, though the item has Stock On Hand (SOH) in SIM database table STORE_ITEM_STOCK
- Now find an item that has zero SOH in both STORE_ITEM_STOCK_NONSEL table and STORE_ITEM_STOCK and add to the stock count and note that the item is added successfully
- Now find an item that has zero SOH in STORE_ITEM_STOCK_NONSEL table but positive SOH in STORE_ITEM_STOCK and add to the stock count. Note that the error "This item is not on the child stock count. Please scan another item" is displayed
- Try to repeat the same using PC UI and note that adding any items is not allowed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document