SIM is Not Allowing an Item Request for the Same Day as the Next Delivery Date
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 15.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that an Item Request cannot be created for the date on which the item's next replenishment is due, and when the store is in a timezone that is ahead of GMT.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Ensure that the STORE_ITEM.NEXT_DELIVERY_DATE is set to a future date (for example, today is July 29th 2016...let the next_delivery_date be set to '30-July-2016').
- Ensure that the store is a timezone that is ahead of GMT time.
- Set the System admin parameter 'Enable GMT for Item Requests' to 'No'.
- In SIM, create an item request for the same date as the next delivery date from Step 1 above (ex: 30-Jul-2016). Note that an error dialog is displayed with the message "Item XXXXXXXXX cannot be ordered based on the request by Date".
- Change the date to next day (31-Jul-2016) and note that the item request can be created.
- Repeat the test by setting the system admin parameter 'Enable GMT for Item Requests" to "Yes" (followed by a SIM bounce) and find that the error still occurs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms