Last updated on DECEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Knowledge - Version 8.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
IM Users without access to recommendations are receiving notifications.
IM Users with “Modify” permissions for a given channel will receive task notifications concerning New Content recommendations for that channel. These users do not have any permissions to work with recommendations based on their role, and do not see the task for these recommendations in their IM inbox as an available task. This behavior is confusing for IM users, as they see an email notification for a task which they cannot see in IM.
STEPS TO RECREATE
1. Set up a role and user with “Modify” permissions for a channel.
2. Make sure the user is set up to receive email notifications.
3. Log on to IC and recommend new content for the channel.
4. Observe the email notification is received.
5. Observe that the user cannot see the task in IM.
Also note that the task can be assigned by users with recommendation permissions to the users with “Modify” permissions. Why is this behavior occurring? Is this a bug?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms