Unexpected Null Pointer Exception When Linking Customer to Transaction
(Doc ID 2210814.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), an 'unexpected exception occurred' error is seen when linking a customer to a transaction.
Prerequisite: A valid customer exists (example below: 01111128000001)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to ORPOS.
2. From Sell Item screen, click Customer F7 > Find F2 > Cust ID F2 > Enter an existing Customer ID 01111128000001 > Link F3.
3. From Sell Item screen, click Customer F7 > Find F2.
4. Click anywhere on Customer Options screen.
5. Click Find F2 > Cust ID F2 > Enter existing Customer ID 01111128000001.
6. 'Unexpected Exception Occurred' screen is displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document