User Failed To Be Authenticated Error In SIM 14.1.2
(Doc ID 2214054.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) 14.1.2 installed with Oracle Single Sign On (SSO) option, find that, a user gets authentication errors (as shown below), while accessing certain functional areas, after leaving the application idle for more time than the SSO time out parameter value.
javax.naming.AuthenticationException [Root exception is
java.lang.SecurityException: User: XXXXXXXX, failed to be authenticated.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install SIM 14.1.2 with SSO option enabled
- Make a note of the value for the SSO_TIMEOUT specified in security.cfg
- Log into SIM using PC GUI
- Perform some operations and leave the SIM PC client idle for more time than what is specified in Step 2 above
- After the time elapse, try to click on 'Stock Count' button or 'Inventory Adjustment' button and note that the SIM application throws a "Sever system error" with the above message trace
- Notice that after logging off with respective user credential for 15-20 minutes the operator can not re-login SIM (Bad user or password error is received)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document