Transfer Quantity in RMS Is Doubled Due To RMS-SIM Integration Issue
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.2 and later
Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The SOStatus message is used for the store or warehouse to send updates to an outbound transfer.
The SOStatus SI message can also be used to send the details for a new transfer. However, the message does not distinguish between a new and an existing transfer.
The ASNOut message can similarly be used to ship an existing transfer or allocation, or to ship a new outbound transfer. As with the SOStatus, the ASNOUT message does not distinguish between the existing transfer and new transfer scenarios.
The scenario that results is when the store or warehouse sends a SOStatus message for a new outbound transfer, followed by an ASNOut message for the same transfer. RMS assumes that the SOStatus message should be processed first; however, as these are different message families, RIB does not guarantee the order of processing, so in some cases the ASNOut message will be processed first.
If this happens, then the transfer quantity will be doubled, because the SOStatus message will be interpreted as an increase in the quantity.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log into RIB RMS console.
2. Bring down all subscribing adapters in RMS.
#### RMS Application
3. Log into RMS.
4. Check item_loc_soh quantities:
stock_on_hand = 7, tsf_reserved_qty = 0
5. Log into SIM application.
6. Create Store to Warehouse return for 2 quantities.
7. Dispatch it without leaving return detail screen.
#### RIB Adapter Manager - RMS
8. Start ASNOut Adapter first.
9. After some minutes, start SOStatus adapter.
#### RMS Application
10. Log into RMS
11. Check the transfer quantity created; there is a doubled tsf_qty = 4(should be 2).
12. Check the item_loc_soh table; there is a tsf_reserved_qty = 2 (should be 0).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms