Balance Mismatch Between Balance Groups And Items Even Though Payments Are Properly Allocated
(Doc ID 2216737.1)
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Core Billing
Balance mismatch between balance group and items even though payments are properly allocated
Account with outstanding due less than spending limit has incorrect value in balance group thereby suspending the account in production.
The customer account has no previous open bills in system and all payments made until date has been properly allocated, strangely, total due in "bill"/"bill in progress" has different value with respect to current_bal in /balance_group.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Created account 13779981029 on 24th Oct 2016 with 8th bill cycle
2) created two subscriptions 3062010312 and 3062010313 under the above account
3) set the Free air minutes balance under subscription 3062010312 to 0 through adjustments, in order to charge the customer usage
4) made partial Debit adjustment to free minutes balance under subscription 3062010313 , in order to charge the customer usage
5) Processed the voice usage on both the subscription. Subscriber were charged.
6) reverted the Adjustments in point 3 and 4 through credit adjustments
7) Moved pin virtual time (PVT) to 1st Nove 2016 and ran General Ledger (GL) report
8) Moved PVT to 7th Nov 2016 and Performed the Rateplan change change on 3062010312
9) Moved PVT to 8th NOv 2016 and ran rerating
10) Rerating adjustments items was created with -$6.60 on 3062010312 and -$8.62 on 3062010313
11) Ran billing on 8th Nov 2016.
12) Made some Partial Debit adjustments on Free Minutes under 3062010313 , in order to charge the customer
13) Processed Voice usage on 3062010313
14) Reverted the adjustment on the point 12 through credit adjustment
15) On nov 13th 2016 , Terminated the subscription 3062010313 and re-created it
16) until this point all the item due and Balance group balance are in sync.
15) ran Rerating
16) now Item's due and Balance group due are out sync for both the units .
The difference in sync are -$6.60 on 3062010312 and -$8.62 on terminated 3062010313
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document