ReIM Generating Duplicated Cost Changes
Last updated on JULY 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 14.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On RMS/REIM 14.1.2
When a PO has multiple shipments for the same product, while performing RCAS cost adjustment, ReIM is creating duplicate cost changes in RMS.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Raise Purchase Order (PO)
2. Receive the PO by doing two shipments for the same product
3. In ReIM create an invoice with item cost slightly different than PO item cost.
4. Match the invoice to create cost discrepancies.
5. Resolve cost discrepancies using an RCAS reason code.
6. Check there are two cost changes created for the same item in RMS
The duplicated cost changes generate a huge amount of data that overnight batch SCCEXT job cannot process in reasonable time.
Further multi-threading of job SCCEXT cannot be used, since the job distributes the cost changes based on hash of cost change ID. This causes different threads to process the same item/supplier generating locks:
sccext_1~20161129230709~process~~0~ORA-0000: normal, successful completion~INTERNAL STORED FUNCTION ERROR: function=COST_EXTRACT_SQL.BULK_UPDATE_COSTS, error=@0TABLE_LOCKED@1ITEM_SUPP_COUNTRY_LOC,cost_chg=193152
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms