SIM is not Subscribing to Item Image Messages from RMS
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, find that,
1. When an image is added to an existing item in Retail Merchandising System (RMS), SIM does not subscribe to the ItemImageCre message.
2. When an image attached to an existing item is changed, SIM does not subscribe to the ItemImageMod message
3. When an image attached to an existing item is deleted, SIM does not subscribe to the ItemImageDel message
4. In SIM, Item Lookup, when the "Enable Item Image button" is enabled in System Admin->UI, find that clicking on "Image" button in Item details screen shows "The image cannot be displayed" error
NOTE: If the image is added to the item at the time of item creation, then SIM subscribes to the ItemImageCre message, which is part of the ItemCre message from RMS
Steps to recreate:
1. Create a new item in RMS and attach an image to it
2. Find that the ItemCre message coming from RMS contains the image information also
3. Query SIM database table ITEM_IMAGE and find the record for the image
4. Enable the item image button in SIM System administration -> UI
5. Look up the item and click on "Image" and find that the error is displayed that says the image cannot be displayed
6. Now in RMS, for the same item, change the image.
7. Find that RMS publishes an ItemImageMod message
8. Find that SIM does not subscribe to the message from Step 7.
9. Now in RMS, for the same item, delete the image.
10. Find that RMS publishes an ItemImageDel message
11. Find that SIM does not subscribe to the message from Step 10
12. Now, in RMS, find an existing item and add a new image to it
13. Find that RMS publishes an ItemImageCre message, but SIM does not subscribe to it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms