Minimum Order Quantity Incorrectly Applied In RMS when Creating a Purchase Order
Last updated on JANUARY 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Retail Merchandising System (RMS), if the first record in ITEM_SUPP_COUNTRY table is not the primary supplier of an item, then the Store Orders created in Store Inventory Management (SIM) application are getting rejected.
Steps to recreate:
1. Create an item and assign two suppliers or supplier sites to the item.
2. Add a supplier with lower id (for example: 2200) as primary supplier with Minimum quantity as a non-zero value (ex: 5).
3. Add another non-primary supplier (for example 2500) to the item.
4. Assign few stores to the item and complete the rest of steps for item approval.
5. Let the item, item-loc, item-supplier information flow down to SIM.
6. Log into SIM and create a Store order for the new item with the NON-Primary supplier (ex: 2500).
7. Note that the Store order creation is rejected by the ordering engine in SIM with the following error found in sim.log file:
Error: Example: "The store order is being rejected by the ordering engine business rules. Please check the log file for details.: Quantity ordered for item xxxx must be greater than or equal to 5."
8. Repeat the test, but now, make supplier with bigger id (ex: 2500) as primary supplier and the supplier with smaller id (ex: 2200) as the non-primary supplier
9. Note that the Store order creation is successful.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms