Enhancement Request - GLR Design Should Support Queries to Allow Users to Narrow the Search Results
(Doc ID 2221235.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2019
Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later Information in this document applies to any platform.
GLR design should allow users to narrow the search when selecting Originating/Terminating Network Elements
When selecting the Originating/Terminating Network Element we receive multiple choices for the same Location Name. The issue is not all Network System connections are under each of the same Location Names and there is not a way to display this without trying to make the hard connection in the GLR. If the connection doesn't exist we need to Redesign the GLR and go back to the Connection Summary screen and select a new Originating/Terminating location and start the process over.
This is a major issue if the Location has hundreds of options such as at a collocation space or corporate HQ.
( GLR - Graphical Layout Report )
1. Is it possible to name the Customer Sites ? - Having them identified would make it easier to choose ... A: The Address Correction Utility combined everything into one name so I do not believe this is an option.
2. What parameters would make it easier to choose the proper Customer Site ? A: If we could do narrow the results for the location/Element by the UNI that the virtual circuit will be using and showing its associated Element(s) from the Connection Summary screen. Current behavior just shows all available Elements at the designated address.
3. Do you use the Terminating Element CLLI code to choose the Connection ID when performing the Add Hard Connection ? A: I am not sure and will need to verify with our design staff.
4. What parameters would make it easier to choose the proper Conn ID? A: The ability to limit results by a connect design search would be helpful.
5. Please elaborate on the requirements you would like to be addressed. A: From the Connection Summary screen we would like all possible elements at the specified Originating/Terminating address combined into one selectable Element vs all Elements associated to the specified Originating/Terminating address, much like the way the Address Correction Utility works today.
When designing the GLR and adding a hard connection it would be beneficial to be able to limit search results by the Connection ID. The current functionality just provides a paginated list of all possible Connection ID's.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!