Incorrect Rate Applied While Rating A CDR Which Crosses Multiple Time Period
(Doc ID 2221729.1)
Last updated on MARCH 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : ECE 188.8.131.52.5 version, Rating business logic
Incorrect rate is applied while rating a CDR which crossed multiple time period.
- Customer is created with a charge offer which has different rates over different time period and when call happens in both the time periods, only one specific time period's rate is applied.
- Customer created on 2nd Nov. Bill Cycle is 2nd Nov - 1st Dec
- CDR Rated for 3600 seconds which is from 30th November midnight 23:30:00 to 1st December 00:30:00
- Rates for different period are:
- Immediately - 1/12 (5 Rs/Min)
- 1/12 - Never Ends (10 Rs/Min)
- When checked in ECE cache for charge offer, todMode=TIMED is seen. Also "SPLIT" is used in PDC while configuring charge offer as the event will crosses multiple time periods.
Charge that should have been applied should be Rs 450, as below :
November (30 *5) = 150
December (30 *10) = 300
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a usage charge offer having the event attribute timezone model as SPLIT during the configuration of charge offer in PDC
2. Associate date range and define the rates as :
Immediately - 1/12/2016 (1 Rs/Min)
1/12/2016 - Never Ends (2 Rs/Min)
3. Process a CDR with date and timestamp as Nov 30, 2016 23:30:00 hours. Duration of the CDR should be given as 45minutes so that the first 30 mins should be rated with 1rs/min and the remaining 15mins should be rated with 2 rs/min.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document