"Quick Item Entry" Does Not Rollback ItemUPCDel Message when Uncommitted Approved Item Is Deleted
Last updated on JULY 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a Item using Quick Item Entry Window [itemadd] with an UPC (below transaction level), and performing the Submit and Approval on the window without committing, that is without clicking the OK button, and immediately clicking "Cancel" buttons, all the Items are deleted from the Database, however, in the ITEM_MFQUEUE table, although all the records related to the creation of the Item are deleted, the message type "ItemUPCDel" are not deleted for the UPC.
This message is being sent to TAFR RIB Hospital because the related Transaction Item Creation message (ItemCre) was never published or the UPC by itself (ItemUPCCre), and therefore the ItemUPCDel does not have the required routing info in the message (TRAN_LEVEL_IND).
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. On the Quick Item Entry Window [itemadd] create a transaction Item.
2. Enter the necessary information, including the “Retail By Zone” information.
3. Press the button “Create Children” to create an Item below the Transaction Level (UPC), on the Item Children Window [itemchildren].
4. Go back to the [itemadd] window. At this point all the Items (Transaction Item and UPC) are in the Worksheet status.
5. Submit All Items (Transaction and UPC), and do not leave the window.
6. Approve All Items (Transaction and UPC), and do not leave the window.
7. Without leaving the [itemadd] window, after the Approval, press the button Cancel button. Answer “Yes” to the question. The window is closed, and the Items no longer exists.
7a. The Items no longer exists in the database under the table ITEM_MASTER.
7b. All the messages related to the two Items are deleted from the ITEM_MFQUEUE, except a new message related to the deletion of the UPC “ItemUPCDel”.
7c. This message should have been deleted together with the remaining messages, since no “ItemCre” for the Transactional Item or “ItemUPCCre” was sent.
8. When the message ItemUPCDel is published, it goes to the TAFR RIB Hospital with the error “TRAN_LEVEL_IND is not found in routing info record” because the related Transactional Item Creation (ItemCre) or the UPC Creation (ItemUPCCRe) was even published and therefore the routing info does not contains the required information.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms