Error Triggered In OPA EForm When Multiple Regular Expression Fields Fail To Match Regex
(Doc ID 2224517.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Policy Modeling - Version 10.4.4.21.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 09-OCT-2018 ***
Customer reporting an issue with error triggered in OPA eForm when multiple regular expression fields fail to match regex.
OPA - GenericErrorMessage triggered in OPA eForm when text input in multiple regular expression error messages in separate containers fail to match the Regex requirements
This issue seems to be a problem with containers.
1) Two fields on a screen are in the same container (or if one or neither fields are in a container) and the fields fail to match the regular expression requirements.
2) Two or more fields on the same screen exist within separate containers and they all fail the regular expression validation.
Note: This also happens in entity tables with multiple rows added.
It would be expected that just the regular expression message be shown at the top and the GenericErrorMessage should not be triggered.
First Example - Using containers
1) create a screen in OPM with multiple containers.
2) add different text fields in each container
3) add regular expression to each field in the attribute properties
4) run the debugger and enter a value in all fields that will fail the regular expression validation
5) RESULT: GenericErrorMessage appears.
Second Example - Using entity tables
1) create a screen in OPM with an entity table.
2) add text field to entity table.
3) add regular expression to field in the attribute properties
4) run the debugger and create more than one entity instance.
5) enter a value in all fields that will fail the regular expression validation
6) RESULT: GenericErrorMessage appears.
This issue is occurring in OPA 12.2.0 (Oracle Policy Automation August 2015)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document