Now Available: Oracle’s AutoVue for Agile release 21.0.1
(Doc ID 2224857.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Autovue for Agile Product Lifecycle Management
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ALL AUTOVUE FOR AGILE CURRENT MAINTENANCE CUSTOMERS
Note: This AutoVue for Agile release only applies to customers who are using AutoVue within Oracle Agile PLM. A separate announcement was made available for the AutoVue 21.0.1 product release.
Oracle is pleased to announce the availability of Oracle’s AutoVue for Agile release 21.0.1
AutoVue for Agile release 21.0.1 is a minor release within the 21 product family. It includes the ability to use AutoVue with browsers that do not support Java applets*, and provides best-in-class support for core CAD formats.
- There is currently a known issue with Microsoft Edge that makes performance unreliable. Microsoft Edge is not supported at this time.
Following is a summary of the new capabilities and enhancements in AutoVue for Agile 21.0.1:
- AutoVue Client is now a Java application that can be started through the Java Web Start framework. This allows AutoVue to run in browsers that no longer support Java Applets. The user still needs to have the Java runtime environment installed, and the browser will then use the Java Web Start framework to launch the AutoVue client as a separate process that will communicate with the browser to get information such as what file to display. This is only currently available with Agile A9 9.3.6.
- Prior to this release of AutoVue for Agile, the AutoVue client was based on the capabilities provided by Java Applet technology.
- This option is still in use in 21.0.1 and is used for Agile A9 9.3.3, 9.3.4, and 9.3.5, however this is being deprecated and is scheduled to be de-supported in the next release
- For information regarding using AutoVue client with the Applet, refer to Release 21.0.0 documentation on OTN.
For more information please refer to the AutoVue for Agile 21.0.1 documents here.
New Format Support
AutoVue for Agile 21.0.1 includes support for the following new formats:
- SolidEdge ST8
- Inventor 2016
- AutoCAD 2016 and 2017
- SolidWorks 2016
- Adobe Acrobat DC 2015
Integrations with AutoVue for Agile 21.0.1
The following integrations have been certified with AutoVue 21.0.1:
- Agile PLM 9.3.6, 9.3.5, 9.3.4, and 9.3.3
New Client Platform Support
- Windows 10
- Apple OS X 10.11
The following documents have been consolidated in this release:
- Information regarding the ABV and API integration technologies is now available in one document –Oracle AutoVue API and ABV Developer’s Guide.
All the documents can be found under “AutoVue 21.0.1" on Oracle Technology Network (OTN).
De-supported Functionality and Platform
Oracle AutoVue will no longer support some of its functionalities and platforms, which had very limited usage and low demand from our customers. This will allow Oracle AutoVue to focus development efforts on functionalities and platforms, which are most important to our customers.
The following functionalities are de-supported in this release:
- Streaming file generation is de-supported for AutoVue Desktop Deployment.
De-supported INI Options
- The following INI options have been de-supported:
The following server platformis de-supported in this release:
Deprecated Formats and Functionality
Oracle AutoVue for Agile has deprecated support for a file format which had very limited usage and low demand from our customers. Also deprecated is a feature that is no longer in popular use and being removed from newer browsers. They will still function in AutoVue 21.0.1 but will be removed in a future release.
- Outlook msg format
- AutoVue client Applet
For further details, read the “What’s New in AutoVue for Agile 21.0.1” datasheet available on the AutoVue Resource Library and refer to the appropriate AutoVue Release Notes for your particular deployment method.
The Release Notes, as well as additional documentation can be found in the AutoVue for Agile Release 21.0.0 Documentation Library.
Release 21.0.1 is currently available for new and existing customers on all supported languages through Oracle Software Delivery Cloud. Please check the site for specific platform availability.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document