BILL_NOW Fails If The First Customer Order Is After The Account Create Date
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Core Billing
BILL_NOW fails if the first customer order is after the account create date
With custom implementation, the account creation and the first order for the account can be on different days. The account is billed using BILL_NOW on the first order date. After upgrading to BRM 7.5 PS-15 the first bill using BILL_NOW is failing for a scenario where the account creation and first order are done on different days. The same scenario is working fine in BRM 7.5 PS12.
· An account is created on 1st Jan 2020
· The first order comes on 2nd Jan 2020
· After the first order, execute BILL_NOW on the customer to generate its first bill
· This BILL_NOW is failing in PS15 with below reason:
o During the billing, the flow calls the PCM_OP_ACT_USAGE in CALC_ONLY mode to get the correct rate_plan for the customer. Since it is called in CALC_ONLY mode, the code uses dummy cycle info.
o The product is purchased only on the 2nd Jan but the START_T is set to 1st Jan (account creation date). This results in no rate_plan and hence the error.
Steps to reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
i.Account is created on 1st Jan 2020
ii.The first order comes on 2nd Jan 2020.
Following the custom flow:
1. The customer account gets created first.
2. Once the customer is provisioned (which is outside of BRM), BRM receives an order from front end to create the services and purchase the required products.
3. At this time, the customers DOM is changed to the first order date. This change is done in a way that next_bill_t is also updated according to the new DOM.
4. A deferred action is set for the same day to run BILL_NOW
5. After the first order, execute BILL_NOW on the customer to generate its first bill
6. Pin_deferred_acts then picks up this action and executes the BILL_NOW.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms