ASNIn Message Fails With "Shipment Already Exists" If Delivery Is Already Received
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM), when a new ASNIn message is published from Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS) that contain the same Advance Ship Notice (ASN) ID of an already received shipment but different container,
the message fails with the "Delivery already exists for ASNId" error
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In Retail Merchandising System (RMS), create a Warehouse to Store transfer with at least 2 items.
2. Using Retail Allocation (RA) and RWMS systems, send the first 'ASNOutCre' message for container 1, with item 1.
3. In SIM, notice that the message of family ‘ASNIn’ and type ‘ASNInCre’ is processed correctly.
4. In SIM, receive the entire shipment (column STATUS should have value 2 - Received in RK_SHIPMENTS table).
5. Using Retail Allocation (RA) and RWMS systems, send the second 'ASNOutCre' message for the same ASN ID, container 2 with item 2.
6. In SIM, find that the second message of family ‘ASNIn’ and type ‘ASNInCre’ fails with the error "Shipment already exists for ASN id: XXXXXX".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms