MSS is Requiring 'Rapid Path Validation' to Find Optical Network Path
(Doc ID 2227675.1)
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 6.2.1 version, Engineering - Customer doing tests to upgrade to 621.b1006
Unable to find Optical network path without selecting check box 'Use Rapid Path Validation’
Users are unable to find Optical network path after selecting Entry and Exit Network Elements and without selecting the check box 'Use Rapid Path Validation’ in Provisioning Assistant window.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Open Connection Design for a Special Circuit
2. Go to the CLR/DLR Design page and click the Network Action link
3. Enter the Entry and Exit Network Elements as shown below.
Provisioning Assistant: Select Entry and Exit Network Elements:
Entry Network Element Exit Network Element
Location: <LOCATION> <LOCATION>
Network Name: <NAME> <NAME>
Limits: 10 paths - 7 hops
3. Uncheck the ‘Use Rapid Path Validation’ checkbox
4. Click on Next then got the above error.
5. I the ‘Use Rapid Path Validation’ checkbox is selected:
===> No working paths were found.
6. Increasing Limits to All Available Paths give the same message.
Users are unable to provision the affected connection.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document