[Enhancement Request] CM Hours For Heat Maps, Not Honoring Depart/Transfer Date - Instantis EnterpriseTrack
(Doc ID 2227711.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 17, 2018
Applies to:Instantis EnterpriseTrack Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Instantis EnterpriseTrack - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a resource has a Transfer/Departure Date that has past, the Committed (CM) hours are not changed in the system to accurately communicate that there is not anyone assigned to fulfill the committed hours.
The Transfer/Departure Date that has been reached, or entered to update all open (date that is further in the future than the Transfer.Departure Date) Allocations for the resource, to reflect that date as the last date of work for that resource, thus accurately showing NO committed hours for projects for resources that are no longer available for work.
1. Access the system as a user with permission to see the Heat Map / Allocations for resources
2. Navigate to a resource that is assigned to a project (project leader project manager for example)
3. On the resource listing page click Edit > Basics - ensure this resource dose not have any transfer/Departure Date
4. Change to Resource Planning Page - use advanced setting to locate resource, view projects for months sept 2016 - dec 2016
5. View heat map see CM hours exist for all months
6. Navigate back to the Resource Listing Page, and for the selected user change the Transfer/Departure Date to something within the present month ie Sept 7 2016
7. Click Action >Edit >Details change the date to: 9/7/16 click update
8. when page refreshed, Navigate back to the Resource Planning Page
9. Capacity hours changed because of the bug initially entered, however CM hours stay exactly the same. And for upcoming months this Resource shows committed hours on project, however they are no longer available for work.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot in production and staging (upgraded for testing to see if issue has been fixed prior to upgrading to 184.108.40.206) Depend on the system information to be correct for forecasting project needs based on committed hours not updating for resources that are no longer available to work. Committed hours are used in forecasting future need for projects and for demand for resources is understated, project will not meet deadlines because resources are not available, however the system shows their is a resource that is assigned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document