Disaggregation Batches are Having Continued Performance Issue - Taking Unexpectedly Long Time to Process a Batch Run
Last updated on MAY 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Disaggregation batches are having continued performance issue.
The fix PD provided with Patch 24578552 was giving very good results on partial disaggregation runs (partial means for few accounts). But there is not much difference in performance when it is run for full disaggregation (all accounts).
These are taking too long time to process.
No of. records attempted for Disagg = 6,357,713
Threads = 32
Chunk Size = 5000
Disaggregate Transactions From Date = 2015-08-01
Batch Business Date = 08-31-2015
Time taken for Batch Completion = 18:14:10 Hrs
No records in error in the Batch Run Tree
Transaction should be restored with UPLD status in expected time.
PD is expected of tuning batch with new design and it should give better performance for account based disaggregation runs.
Dis-aggregation is account based - so these tunings should bring performance improvement.
Steps & Settings:
* A detailed list of settings and steps that lead to the reported issue (see Doc ID#1233173.1).
* Information on the configuration of the box where the application is configured, this would include memory allocation and installation considerations.
--51. Advanced Environment Memory Configuration
Web Application Java Initial Heap Size: 3072
Web Application Java Max Heap Size: 5120
Web Application Java Max Perm Size: 1228
Web Application Additional Options:
Global JVM Arguments:
Ant Min Heap Size: 200
Ant Max Heap Size: 800
Ant Additional Options:
Thread Pool Worker Java Min Heap Size: 1024
Thread Pool Worker Java Max Heap Size: 4096
Thread Pool Worker Java Max Perm Size: 1228
Thread Pool Worker Additional Options:
Additional Runtime Classpath:
* db_cahce_size parameter to 15GB
* Database resides on same server as the application with 64GB size
* Affected environment is only active environments running on Server
* The performance is at an unacceptable level for the customer, they cannot process the batches in a timely manner.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms