Cycle Arrear Items Generated Twice for the Same Period in Month DST On/Off
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Core Billing
In month DST on/off, cycle arrear items got generated twice for the same period.
Below two major issues found in BRM which had a significant impact on the monthly bill run activity where the DST was switched off on 30th Oct 2016.
The charge was prorated for the product with prorate_last "full", if the deal was cancelled in DST month.
Irrespective of prorate flag, if the deal was cancelled with backdated in DST month, double charge got applied to the account,
Steps to replicate:
• On 01 Oct 2016 – Account created
• On 01 Oct 2016 – RC monthly cycle arrear deal purchased (The proration flag was set to FULL.)
• On 31 Oct 2016 – Deal got cancelled at 09:52:00 with effective from 31-Oct-2016 00.00.00 (The cycle arrear item got generated immediately, but the amount was prorated.)
• On 01 Nov 2016 – Utility pin_cycle_fees -cancel executed (A duplicate item got created.)
• On 04 Nov 2016 – Billing/ invoicing executed (The end customer got overcharged by the duplicate item created in last step, and also the items generated were prorated.)
Purchased_product object in Normal month:
What is the reason for the duplicate item creation?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms