Wrong Role Displayed for Searched User if No is Clicked on Confirm Password Reset Screen
(Doc ID 2232311.1)
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Back Office - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to reset an employee password, if 'No' button is clicked on 'Confirm Password Reset' screen then irrespective of the role of the currently searched employee, the wrong role is shown in the 'Role' drop down on the 'Employee Primary' screen.
1. Two users with 'Manager' role exist for e.g user A and user B.
2. Permission to 'Add Employee' is revoked from Manager role.
3. <Patch 25354863> - HOTFIX 18.104.22.168.7 BINARY FOR BUG# 25304578
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to Back Office as user A who has manager role.
2. Click on Employee tab.
3. Enter employee ID of user B who has manager role and click on 'Search' button.
4. Observe that the details of user B displayed on 'Employee Primary' page correctly shows the Role drop down field with user B's role.
5. Click on 'Reset Password' button, 'Confirm Password Reset' page will be displayed with the following message:
Select Yes to proceed with the change.
Select No to return to the previous screen.
6. Click on button 'No' to return to 'Employee Primary' page.
7. Observe that the drop down field 'Role' shows 'Administrator' as role for user B , instead of user B's role i.e. Manager.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!