Last updated on JULY 31, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a Item with Item Level 1 and Tran Level 1 with Diferentiators, the "Item Children Diff" screen allows to enter an EAN13 on the field "EAN 13", although the ITems created in that screen are already Items below the Transaction Level, which translates the EAN13 as an Item, with Item Level 3 and Tran Level 1.
This is causing problems during the approval of the Items, because the Transactional Level stay in Submit status, while the Items below becomes Approved. This also causes issues in integration.
"A Transaction level item is expected in function POS_UPDATE_SQL.POS_MODS_INSERT"
1. Enter on the “Item Search Window”, and select action “New Item”, Item Type “Regular Item” and enter the information related to the Merchandise Hierarchy. Press button “OK”.
2. The “Item Maintenance Windows” screen opens. On the Tran Level field enter the value “Line ”, that corresponds to Level 1 (Line= 1, Extension= 2, Line Extension= 3). This will be the Transactional Item because Item Level and Tran Level are the same.
On the “Diffs area enter information related to Differentiators. Enter the remaining required information on this screen.
3. Enter the Supplier, Retail By Zone and any other required information (like UDAs) for the Item, and go back to the “Item Maintenance Window” screen. Press the button “Create Children”.
4. The “Item Diff Apply” screen, enter the Item Number Type, and select the Diff ID to create the Items. Press the “OK”.
5. The “Diff Combinations” screen opens. Press the OK button, and on the message that follows press the “Yes” button.
6. The “Item Children Diff” screen opens, with the Items that were created.
7. In the “Item Children Diff” screen, for one of the Items enter a valid EAN13 on the field “EAN 13”. The screen accepts the EAN 13, and no error shows. Press the “OK” button and commits the Items into the Database.
a. The EAN13 1234560750337 entered of one the Items, it appears to be created in the Database, with Item Level 3 and Tran Level 1. This is not a valid combination. Below Transactional Level, RMS only allows to have one level, and in this case we have two levels.
8. On the “Item Maintenance Window” screen for the highest level Item, press on the “Submit Option”, and accept to submit all the children.
9. Press OK, and leaves the Items. This is to commit the information on the database. All the Items, are in Submit Status.
10. Go back to the “Item Search Window”, on the action select “Edit Item”, and on the Item field enter the highest Level Item (1100225091).
11. The “Item Maintenance Window” screen opens. Go to the option “List Children”.
12. The “Item Children Diff” screen opens. In the it should the Item level Transaction Level (in this case Item Level 2). On the field “EAN 13” it does not shows the EAN13 that was previously entered, and also it does not shows the option “List Items”.
13. Go back to the “Item Maintenance Windows” screen for the highest Item Level, by pressing “OK. There, press the “Approve” option. Answer yes to the question if wants to approve all the children of the Item.
Expected result: Step 7a level 3 item should not be created.
Actual result: Step 7a Item Level 3 and Tran Level 1. This is not a valid combination. Below Transactional Level, RMS should only allow one level.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms