Migration from Pipeline to ECE/PDC: GLs on BRM
(Doc ID 2232754.1)
Last updated on MAY 17, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Migration for PDC
After migration process (MigrateBRMPricing) completed, there were more GLs observed in PDC than in BRM side.
The differences were due to:
- Migration process takes GL's from Pipeline.
- Migration process also takes GL's from BRM.
- Migration merges GLs to upload them into PDC.
- GLs are sync from BRM to PDC via SyncPDC. This means PDC is not holding the GLIDs.
- PDC or Migration doesn't create GLs, so there is no call to load_pin_glid from RRETransformer.
There is no chance to duplicate GL on BOTH BRM and Pipeline, since migration requires no duplicated GLs.
There is no chance to only have GLs on BRM side (deleting from pipeline), since this implies modifying Pricemodel steps in order to keep IFW constraints.
Since BRM is primarily holding GLIDs (Because GLIDs are created on BRM and Sync to PDC), all GLs after migration should be on BRM side.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Migrate from Pipeline to PDC/ECE
- Have different GLs on use at Pipeline
- Have different GLs on BRM
- Migrate the GL's to PDC by using SyncPDC utility
- Review GLs on PDC vs GLs on BRM.
How to make all the GL's in sync in both BRM and PDC?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document