Error: "The User Preferences Used to Create This Excel File Could Not Be Found..." When Attempting to Import an Excel file (.xlsx) Using P6 Professional.
(Doc ID 2233252.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Import an Excel file (.xlsx) using P6 Professional the following error is observed:
"The User Preferences used to create this Excel file could not be found...".
"The User Preferences used to create this Excel file could not be found. Importing this file could corrupt your data. Please refer to Primavera Help for more information about Importing data from Excel. Are you sure that you want to continue?" when Importing file from Excel.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Open Project and Export to Excel file (.xlsx).
2. Open Excel file and change the Activity Name of a single Activity, save & close the file.
3. Import the updated Excel file and observe the following error:
"The User Preferences used to create this Excel file are not the same as your current preferences. Importing this file could corrupt your data. Please refer to Help for more information about importing data from Excel. Are you sure that you want to continue?"
4. After clicking Finish/processing import file: Process did not complete successfully. See log file for details.
5. In the prm_xlsximport.log the following error is noted: "Failed to find a matching object for Activity [for every Activity that was not modified in the file].
6. If importing a single row that was modified in the .xlsx file, then the import process completed successfully, but no changes were made.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document