Tran Code 88 (VAT Out) and Tran Code 15 (Promotion Markdown) posted for non-VAT stores with total_retail same as tax amount (State Tax)
Last updated on JULY 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 15.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When sales is uploaded to Retail Merchandising System (RMS) for non-VAT (Value Added Tax) stores, Tran Code 88 (VAT Out) and Tran Code 15 (Promotional Markdown) are posted with amount same as tax amount with tran code 88 having a +ve sign and tran code 15 having a negative sign for total_retail. Also Tran Code 1 (Sales) has vat_rate populated.
Steps to reproduce:
1. In a VAT enabled environment, upload sales transaction to Oracle Retail Sales Audit (ReSA) via RTLOG for a store operating in a non-VAT region.
2. Ensure there is a IGTAX record for state tax.
3. Run SAEXPRMS and generate the POSU file.
4. Upload the POSU file to RMS.
5. Note that there will be records posted for tran code 88 and tran code 15 with amount same as tax amount with tran code 88 having a +ve sign and tran code 15 having a -ve sign for total_retail. Also vat_rate is populated for Tran Code 1 in TRAN_DATA.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms