OK v8.6.1 Rollup Patch Regression on IM Content Publishing That Attachments From IM_RESOURCES Draft 0.x Are Not Copied to Corresponding Staging & Live x.0 Folders
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Knowledge - Version 8.6 to 8.6 [Release 8.6]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a known OK v8.6.1 Rollup Patch regression problem on IM content publishing that attachments from IM_RESOURCES draft 0.x are not copied to corresponding staging & live x.0 folders.
Here is one sample scenario to show the regression problem:
1. Click on Add under channel in content tab
2. Provide required text and values and add an attachment to it
3. Save the document to create 0.1 version. Attachments will work for this version (like simply click on the attachment link to see if it opens).
==> The attachment can be viewed/opened fine.
4. From the same page click on "Approve" till the documents get published.
5. Click on the attachments link in published document to see if it opens.
==> The attachment CANNOT be viewed/opened and you got 404 error (File not found).
Note: If you go to its corresponding underneath IM_RESOURCES folder (typically at .../OKResources/app/resources/sites/<IM_REPO_REF>/content folder) and check if the attachment exists in staging draft 0.1 version folder but somehow during publishing, the attachment was not being copied over to the corresponding staging & live 1.0 version folders.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms