Last updated on MARCH 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 15.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, find that, users are unable to scan container id's that are 20 characters in length. Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS) application sends the container id's as a string of 20 or more characters. Also find that, there are no issues with container lookup with such id in SIM PC UI. But scanning the ids using Handheld (HH) results in an error.
Steps to recreate:
1. Send an ASNIn message from RWMS to SIM
2. Ensure the container id is 20 characters or more
3. In SIM, using PC UI, look up the container and find that the container id works fine
4. In SIM, using HH UI, scan the container id and find that the application throws "Invalid container Id" error
5. Also note that some container ids are scanned successfully. Here are few examples:
Example: Container id's 00000100000000003430 and 00000100000000003434 are scanned successfully, but container ids 10000000000000003430 and 10000000000000003440 are not scanned successfully.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms