Last updated on MARCH 16, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version,
- Consider that a telecom company offers free bundles as part of their promotion (eg : 80 mins talk time free per month, 1 GB data free per month etc).
- The free bundles are configured with non-currency resources. As and when the consumer is consuming the bundles, notification has to be sent to the end customer when one consumes certain percentages (eg : 40% of free data consumed, 80% of free minutes consumed etc).
- In addition to this, the customer can purchase add-on bundles valid for 1 month in the middle of cycle on a pro-rated basis. Hence, if he purchases another 2 GB free data at the beginning of a cycle, the limits should increase to 1+2=3GB and threshold percentages should be calculated accordingly.
- Oracle provided solution to this requirement by leveraging the credit profile (credit ceiling, floor and percentage thresholds) functionality and notification capability of ECE where ECE will publish the threshold breach notifications to JMS topic.
- There are few issues or limitations in the solution which are causing hindrance in designing the solution. Consider below points :
- a) Need system to provide the capability to create and manage credit limit profiles from Siebel. Credit limit profiles for each of the free bundle resources are required, hence the required information needs to be available with Siebel. Need integration to support creation of credit limit profiles from Siebel to AIA, OSM and finally BRM.
b) If fixed value threshold is used, will the CREDIT_FLOOR change to new value when another add-on is purchased in the middle of the month?
- Later, during purchase of add-on bundles, the amount of free resources will increase. But BRM does not allow purchase because it breaches the ceiling or floor. Need the system to allow such purchases and reset the limit automatically to the aggregated value of previous and new free bundle resources.
- During cyclic bill run, the limits should reset to the value of regular monthly bundles again automatically.
- Let us consider the following scenario:
->Customer has free bucket of 2GB (step 1)
->He used 1GB, so remaining is 1GB (step 2)
->He purchases an add-on of 4GB (step 3)
As per observation -
After step 1 - A SUB_BALANCES is created under the BALANCE of the NCR.
After step 3 - Another SUB_BALANCES is created under the same BALANCE of the same NCR.
a) - Is this expected behavior? Or should there be 1 combined bucket for the same NCR?
b) - If there are 2 buckets, how are the fixed value thresholds supposed to behave?
Eg - let's say, we have configured fixed thresholds at 400MB and 600MB. By step 1, customer would have received 2 notifications for both threshold consumption. Now with 5GB under him (1GB from previous bucket and 4GB from new one), will he get another notification again?
In the same example above, if we would configure percentage thresholds at 40% and 60%, then notifications till step 1 would be same. Afterwards, if we can manage to keep only 1 sub_bal bucket, then the percentage calculations would be proper and easier for customer to understand (eg : You have consumed 40% of your remaining free bundle).
To summarize, it is needed that at any given point of time, customer should receive notification based on the percentage consumed of total free bundle, and the total free bundle being the sum of original and any add-on bundles.
Is it possible to implement this without any customization?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms