Last updated on MARCH 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, find that, when a pre-pack is migrated to SIM from Retail Merchandising System (RMS) using data seed scripts, the pre-packs are not correctly ranged to the store. When these items are ranged to the store manually, SIM throws a severe system error. Find that, if the same (or similar) item is migrated to SIM via Retail Integration Bus (RIB), there are no issues. The sever system error occurs only for the pre-packs that are populated in SIM from RMS using data seed scripts.
Steps to recreate:
1. Create a pre-pack on RMS and range it to a store
a. Item on pack item is null
b. Item parent is not null on pack item
c. Run the following query in RMS to ensure pre-pack items exist and that they are not ranged to a store: "SELECT * FROM PACKITEM WHERE ITEM IS NULL AND PACK_NO NOT IN (SELECT ITEM_ID FROM SIM_OWNER.STORE_ITEM WHERE STORE_ID = '&YOUR_STORE_ID');"
2. Run SIM dataseeding scripts (item_component.sql)
3. Get a pre-pack item that is not ranged to a particular store.
a. Ensure that this item is propagated to SIM via the dataseeding script, not using RIB
4. In SIM, log into a store and navigate to "Inv. Mgmt" -> "Inv. Adjustment"
5. Create a new inventory adjustment using the item
6. Click 'OK' at the prompt "Item is not ranged at this location. Would you like to range the item?"
7. Observe the severe system error
8. Repeat the test, but this time let the item details flow to SIM via RIB
9. Find that the item is correctly ranged and no errors occur
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms