Duplicate Resource Limit Entries Exist in W_RESOURCE_LIMIT_F After Running the STARETL Process When STAR Is Configured for Multiple Data Sources
(Doc ID 2240032.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera Data Warehouse - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Primavera Analytics - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a multi-datasource STAR schema, after running an ETL for the second datasource, duplicate rows are created in the Resource Limit Fact table (W_RESOURCE_LIMIT_F). This will cause duplicate entries for other datasources once the ETL is run after duplicate records are present.
The starETL process does not insert duplicate records into the W_RESOURCE_LIMIT_F table during each execution of the ETL process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Configure P6 EPPM environment with project and global publication (Note, resources must exist with rates assigned)
- Configure two star ETL datasources using the instructions in the Multiple Data Sources with the Primavera Data Warehouse document (Note, both data sources should point to same pxrptuser schema).
- [Optional] Configure each star ETL datasource with a project filter using the instructions in the Filtering P6 EPPM Data document.
- Run scripts/setup.bat from the data source 1 starETL directory
- After setup(+starETL) execution from the data source, run the following statement to obtain an initial count of records:
- note the count has now increased to 1933240, causing the same situation now as data source #1 (growing 4 times the amount it should, when no changes should have been present)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document