Field Validations That Compare Dates To SYSDATE Fire If Client Server Time Zone Is Ahead Database Server Time Zone
(Doc ID 2242185.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Life Sciences Argus Affiliate - Version 7.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If the client machine is in a time zone which is ahead of the time zone of the database server, field validations which validate that a date from the user interface occurs before or on SYSDATE will fail if the time difference between the client and database server is such that the client date is one day ahead of SYSDATE.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Change time zone of client server to Perth (UTC +8).
2. From this client server, log into Argus Affiliate which has a database time zone of UTC -8.
3. Confirm that the client is in a different date than the database (i.e. the client shows March 9 but the database shows March 8).
4. Create a field validation on Receipt Date that enforces LAM Receipt Date < SYSDATE
5. Create a local event and enter '=' to select today's date.
6. Save the local event
Observe that the field validation fires preventing the creation of the Local Event.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document