Problems/Errors after Configuring URL Link For My Navbar Group And My Desktop My Links Portlet
(Doc ID 2242426.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Configuring URL links for a My Navbar Group and My Desktop My Links portlet causes the problems/errors outlined below.
My Navbar Group
For My Navbar Group
1. My Navbar
2. Customize My Navbar
3. Add a new group
4. Enter a name for the Group
5. Click "add your own links"
6. Enter a name for the New Link
7. Enter a URL as www.oracle.com
8. Click the Test Link button
Internet Explorer browser opens with the "Error 404--Not Found" error.
For My Desktop My Links portlet
1. My Desktop
2. Customize your desktop
3. Add Portlet
4. Select My Links
5. Click Apply
6. Click Save and Apply
7. Click the My Links Customize portlet icon
8. Enter a name for anchor 1
9. Enter a URL as www.oracle.com for link 1
10. Click Update button
11. Click the new link under My Links
Internet Explorer browser opens with "<html><body>You have reached this message because you have either not logged on <br>through MetaSolv Solution or your session has timed out.</body></html>" error.
Due to this issue, the web page of the URL link cannot be accessed from within the application.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document