Sitmain Fails with Error: "update_insert~ITEM_MASTER~-1~ORA-00001: unique constraint (.) violated~CLOSE cursor C_ITEM in package NEW_ITEM_LOC_SQL.PERSIST"
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sitmain fails with unique constraints error when the batch is executed in multi thread mode.
Steps To Recreate:
1.Set up a link between an item list containing a single item and a location list containing multiple locations in the RMS front end.
2. Ensure the SITMAIN batch is configured to run 10 threads.
3. Run all 10 threads together from scheduler
4. Observe that the jobs all fail with an error "update_insert~ITEM_MASTER~-1~ORA-00001: unique constraint (.) violated~CLOSE cursor C_ITEM in package NEW_ITEM_LOC_SQL.PERSIST"
5. Reset each thread one at a time.
6. Run the threads individually.
7. See all the jobs complete successfully.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms