Reports Fail if Project ID Field Has a Trailing Space
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a project ID contains a trailing space ("Example "), the report returns blank output.
The project data still shows in the report.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log in to BI Publisher
- Browse to Catalog
- Select and open the report
- Use the search feature to select a Project ID that contains trailing spaces and select Apply
- If the project id has no trailing space, the report comes back with data. If the Project ID does have a trailing space, it comes back with no data. No errors are issued.
- Go into P6, update the Project ID to remove the trailing blank.
- Republish the project.
- Go back into BI Publisher and run the report
- Use the search feature to select the Project ID and select Apply.
- Report produces data.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot get report data from projects that contain a trailing space.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms