Remote Command Eligibility For Connects And Disconnects
(Doc ID 2246875.1)
Last updated on MARCH 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Meter Data Management remote commands are issued based on the Install Event BO and lacks capability to turn off commands at either the level of the device model, or the individual device. In CC&B-MDM-SOM integration, remote commands could be issued for some meters that are not capable of processing such commands which would result in Field Activity (FA) processing failures.
A new Enhancement Request to determine this eligibility by attributed more closely associate to the command capability, instead of by Install Event BO.
Example Scenario - Steps to Reproduce
The following is the flow for identifying if a meter can be remotely connected/disconnected:
- Enable, Disable, and Back to Back Service flow is initiated in CCB
- SOM receives the request and creates an Orchestrator Activity
- This Activity will transition to the “Are Device and SP Ready” state
- Within this state, the D1-DSCNDVC Algorithm (for a Disable Service) will be invoked
- This algorithm will first check the installation status for the meter’s association with the Service Point.
- If the installation status is one that is associated to a smart meter installation event BO AND is in the connected status, then a Remote Command will be issued to disconnect the meter
- If the installation status is one that is associated to a manual meter installation event BO AND the meter is in the on status, then a FA will be issued to disconnect the meter
- The results of these Activities will update the Device’s status accordingly
- Should this process remain, remote commands would be issued for some meters that are not capable of processing such commands, and will result in FA processing failures. Rather than basing this only on the Install Event BO, it would make more sense to determine this eligibility by attributes more closely associated to this capability.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Example Scenario - Steps to Reproduce|
|Patch - Solution Design for Enhancement|