Error 'NMFTU-3909-3: No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page' When Exporting XER or When Viewing Notebook Topics
(Doc ID 2248963.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to export a project to XER, or viewing notebook topics in the pro client after re-importing the XER
Importing an XER file when the database contains UTF BOM characters that exist in the affected tables, the following error occurs.
Event Code: NMFTU-3909-3
Message: No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page
TCVirtualTable.ProcessLoadDelayedMemo: table=(Activty Notebook), Exception=(No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page), sql=(SELECT memo_id, task_memo from taskmemo WHERE (memo_id IN (SELECT PK_ID FROM UPKLIST WHERE SESSION_ID = 97643 AND CONTEXT_ID = 2)) and task_memo is not null)
TCVirtualTable.ProcessLoadDelayedMemo: Table (OBS), Exception=(No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page), sql=(SELECT obs_id, obs_descr from obs WHERE (obs_id IN (xxx,xxx,xxx)) and obs_descr is not null)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Import a project into P6 version 15.2 or earlier (connected to an Oracle database).
- Export the database and Import it into a new Oracle Database 12c instance on another server.
- Upgrade P6 EPPM to a minimum version of 16.2 + Patch Set 4 or later.
- Connect to the upgraded database with the appropriate version of the P6 Professional application.
- Attempt to view the project's Notebooks at the project level.
- Observe the reported error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!