OBRM - GST Support
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Upgrade
Require a OBRM ( Oracle & Billing Revenue Management) GST Patch for India for the BRM Version 7.4
As per the GOVT Of India taxation , the GST is going to applicable on Consumer invoices w.e.f. 1st July 2017.
Business is working on GST requirements to comply with regulatory requirements and system should be upgraded/enhanced accordingly. Oracle BRM should provide framework to charge various tax components, CGST, SGST and IGST.
These are critical requirements for charging.
Determine applicable GSTN Components for Services
1. Every customer will have two associated State Codes for determining the appropriate GST components (CGST, SGST, IGST) to charge:
a) Location of Service Provider
b) Place of Supply
2. Location of Service Provider will normally be the State in which the customer’s Service Provider is registered. However as the GST Rules are evolving, this State Code may be based on a different parameter e.g. such as the State in which Head End servicing the customer is located, the CMTS Location etc.
3. Place of Supply will normally be the State of the customer’s Installation address in OBRM. This may be subject to change in GST Rules and may be populated based on a different parameter such as the State of the billing address, etc.
4. The solution must allow for the association rule to be configured or modified quickly as GST Rules evolve.
5. Applicable GST Components are determined based on the following rule table:
Location of service provider Place of Supply Intra- State or Inter-State txn GST COMPONENTS TO APPLY
1 STATE-A STATE-A Intra-State SGST (STATE-A) + CGST
2 STATE-A STATE-B Inter-State IGST
Determine GST Rates for Services
1. For each applicable GST Component, GST Rates will be determined per the following rules:
2. A unique Service Accounting Code (SAC) assigned by the GST Authority will be associated with each Charge Type. E.g. Subscription Income may have SAC Code S00004188; Late Payment Fees may have SAC Code S00005356;
3. A different default SAC value may be associated with the Charge Type for ISP or CATV business.
4. The GST % Rate for each GST Component (GST, SGST, IGST) per charge item will be determined based on the following parameters:
a) State (Location of Service Provider)
b) Service Accounting Code
c) Charge Type
d) Effective Date of the Tax Rate
1. Invoices should be numbered per the following rules
a) Consecutive serial number containing only alphabets and/or numerals.
b) Unique for a financial year - GSTIN wise Sequential Invoice Number. GST State code as prefix and ISP/CATV bifurcation on bill number Eg: 10000 to 12000 for FY 2017-18 GST NO : 27AAACC6814B1Z4.
Like that there are many other requirements given, Do you have any plan to support this GST requirement?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms