Allocation Quantity Is Doubled After Adding the Same Location List Again and Setting Never Update Checkbox
(Doc ID 2250505.1)
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Allocation - Version 13.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Allocation application allows duplicated location groups to be added to the Allocation when 'Never Update' button is used. This results in doubling 'Allocated Quantity' value.
When the Need is 1, after adding the same location group a second time and calculating the Allocation, the Result is now Allocation 2 units.
Steps to Recreate the Issue:
1. Create a Location List (loc_list_2) containing 2 stores (STORE1 and STORE2)
2. Start creating an allocation by selecting an item that has inventory ITEMA)
3. Add the Location List from step 1 (loc_list_2)
4. Check the 'Never Update' button (Updateable remains 'Yes')
5. For Rules, keep defaults, however in Quantity Limits enter a MIN_NEED =10 (this is to ensure some need exists and some allocation happens)
6. Calculate the Allocation (Check on calculation Allocation (#ALLOC1). Result: 10 units will be allocated
7. Copy the Allocation #ALLOC1. Result: #ALLOC2
8. Open Allocation #ALLOC2 and go to the locations page. Note: 'Never Update' button remains checked; however Updateable has changed to 'No'
9. Add the same Location List again (loc_list_2). Result: Updateable value for new group appears as 'Yes'
10. Calculate the Allocation
Result: The Allocated Quantity has been doubled.
Thus #ALLOC2 allocated 20 Units, which is allocating double of ALLOC1, which allocated 10 Units.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document