How To Restart LSW Successfully (DMW/LSH)
(Doc ID 2250628.1)
Last updated on JULY 30, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench - Version 2.4.6 and later
Oracle Life Sciences Data Hub - Version 2.4.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to restart LSW services successfully?
There is no single command to startup LSW. It includes different processes/services with dependencies between them. If they are not stopped/started in the correct order, you may hit unexpected issues later, i.e., defunct processes alive in memory that may not permit the new/fresh ones are started up successfully, or services starting up with incorrect values/environment settings.
The technical details shared in this document are from LSH Administrator's Guide "Stopping and Starting Services and Queues" and DMW Installation Guide, i.e., DMW Release 2.4 information is in Chapter 3.12 Restart the WebLogic Server.
In summary, you need to apply below order to accomplish a successful restart:
To Shutdown LSW:
1. Stop Job Queue/Message Queue and Confirm queues are not running
2. Stop Middle Tiers (DMW first then LSH)
3. Confirm there are no jobs in EXECUTING status in the system
4. Stop OWB services (CRITICAL: Make sure you wait 10 minutes before starting up OWB services)
5. Stop DP Servers
6. Shutdown the TNS listener and the DB
To start up LSW, you practically apply the reverse order:
7. Start the DB and then, the TNS listener
8. Start OWB Services
9. Start DP Servers
10. Start Middle Tiers (LSH first then DMW)
11. Start Job Queue/Message Queue and confirm queues are up and running
This document explains above with step by step generic instructions, but feel free to create your custom shell script(s) if it facilitates this task.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!