Updated Logical Device Characteristics are not Returned in CTA/BI Response
(Doc ID 2252012.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
New Order updated the Device Serial number (LD Characteristics) properly in UIM. But when Change order is executed -
1. Process Interaction returns “Unknown” for Serial number field. => This happens all the time.
2. CTA returns “Unknown” for Serial Number field => this happens intermittently.
1) Execute an Order which creates the CFS, RFS and assigned the existing resources to RFS.
2) CTA response return as resource/LD characteristics(S/N as ‘UNKNOWN’).
3) OSM opens a manual task for configure LD serial number.
4) User enters the correct serial number and update the task. This task will invoke UIM ‘updateTechnicalAssets’ OOB web service.
5) Order completed successfully.
6) Ensure UIM DB records for LD serial number is correctly stored.
7) Invoke change order on the previous CFS.
8) Process BI response doesn’t return the updated serial number
9) CTA doesn’t return updated serial number.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document