Discount Purchase Backdated To BDOM Does Not Charge For First Cycle
(Doc ID 2253585.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Pipeline Manager
Discount purchase backdated to BDOM (billing day of month) does not charge for first cycle.
1) Create an account on 27-Jan with a cycle_forward offer and call MAKE_BILL_NOW. The cycle_forward is charged for 27-Jan to 27-Feb.
2) Go to 27-Feb midnight and trigger auto-billing on this account (by any way). This will charge the cycle_forward offer for 27-Feb to 27-Mar period.
3) Go to 27-Feb 00:01:10 and purchase a discount using 'PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_PURCHASE_DEAL' with backdate to 27-Feb 00:00:00. This discount should start from 27-Feb and therefore apply on the cycle_forward auto-billed in step 2.
But below behaviour is observed at Step 3,
- The PURCHASE_START_T of the discount is set to 27-Feb midnight : This is OK.
- The USAGE_START_T of the discount is set to 27-Feb midnight : This is OK.
- The CYCLE_START_T of the discount is set to 27-Mar midnight : This is NOT OK. It should be 27-Feb.
When backdating the purchase to the BDOM, a discount should apply starting from the first month. But when the discount is configured as "prorate purchase => nocharge", it does not apply on first month. It seems that purchasing a discount on the BDOM still consider the purchase as prorated, whereas it should consider it as a NOT PRORATED purchase.
As the discount is purchased backdated to 27-Feb-2018 midnight (the BDOM), it is expected that the discount should apply for the full cycle.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document